Hello to all of our wonderful families. We have successfully survived another crazy
first day routine, and are now up and rolling along. It was a fabulous first day. It has been wonderful getting to know you and
the kids already. Thanks to all of you
for stopping in last night, or taking the time to walk in this morning to
introduce yourself to me. I’m pleased to
work with all of you this year.
Here’s a few things that you will need to know for your own
parental inclusion into our classroom:
·
These email contacts will serve as our weekly
newsletter. If you are a member of a
split family, please do not hesitate to notify me when multiple communications
between parents are needed. I would be
happy to try to accommodate as best as I am able. I can easily add multiple parental emails to
my communication list if I am aware there is a need.
·
We have a class blog! I will update it weekly to include a copy of
the weekly newsletter information if you ever lose track of the email
version. Also included on the site are multiple
links for online curricular practice for various content areas we cover
throughout the year, as well as links to copies of our sight words, spelling
lists, and math basic fact practice pages if you desire a new copy of those at
any time. I include links for our
Storytown reading and Envision math series so you have easy access to all of
the sites we’ll use throughout the year in one easy location. (The kids will
bring home hard copies of their log in information for these two sites next
week.) The kids will become more
familiar with some of the game links throughout the year, as these become practice
opportunities for review of skills during center rotations as the year
progresses. I do not include pictures of
the students on the blog at any time, so do not worry about this aspect. You can also get to the blog through my
teacher website portal through the Bennington Schools district webpage. Please bookmark the site for easy use: http://panningeduc553.blogspot.com/
·
Water bottles are permitted in the classroom.
·
We do not have a snack break this year. We will do a milk break in the morning. One big change this year is the transition to
a “working break”. This means the kids
will have the opportunity to take a milk, but they will enjoy it while we are
working on curricular tasks to maintain a steady flow to the day. Please let me know if you have questions
about this area. Please talk to Mrs.
Heppner in the office for information on how to purchase semester milk for your
child if you have not already done so.
(Money for semester milk or lunch account funds can be sent to school in
your child’s Badger folder and I will take care of getting it turned in for
you.)
·
Planners/Badger folders will begin coming home
tomorrow. Please remember to check
through the folder for homework items, check for notes in the planner,
sign it, and return both to school every day.
Tomorrow, I will send a list of “codes” for you to manage our lingo a
bit more easily.
·
The students will bring home their first “homework”
item tomorrow. We complete a second
grade time capsule project at the beginning of the year, and I will ask for
your help in completing a portion of the page that asks for height, weight,
shoe and clothing size, etc. Look for
this to come home Thursday and be returned Friday morning to stuff into the
time capsules!
·
After the first day, our transportation needs tend to smooth out, and become more
regular. I have an idea of where each student is to go on a regular basis-thank
you all for signing up so I have a clear idea where students are to go. Please
send an email through if the regular plan will change. Thanks.
·
I will work on setting up a schedule for parent
volunteers soon. If you are able, please
consider emailing me to participate in this beneficial opportunity.
·
Some favorites from our
schedule: J
o Recess=11:00-11:30
o Lunch=11:30-12:00
o You are free to join your students for lunch at any time.
·
Monday= PE/Music
·
Tuesday=Guidance/Spanish
·
Wednesday=Art
·
Thursday=PE/Music
·
Friday=Library
·
Our specials are 8:30-9:30 each day, except for Art
which ends at 9:10.
·
The kids will need PE shoes tomorrow, so if you
weren’t able to bring them today, please try to get them here by tomorrow. They do not have to be brand new shoes, but
please clean the soles if you plan to bring in a gently used pair.
It’s going to be a great year! I’ll chat at you again soon.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment