Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17


Hello all!

 

Thanks so much for the outstanding attendance today.  We had more able to attend than originally planned, and although I apologize that some of you had to stand in the back, it was also very exciting to see that much support for these students.  I cannot express to you enough how hard they worked to pull this off.  Thanks for your time and effort at home as well.  I consider today to be a huge success!

 

-Presidential fun fact:  Thea is now the first president to lose a tooth during a performance! J

 

-No planners, FF, Badger folders were sent tonight.  We’ll pick those items up tomorrow.  There will not be FF this week because of the short week.  This includes no IXL requirements, but IXL is still available to you if you desire. 

 

-A huge thank you again to our fabulous RPCs- the Valentine’s party was a wonderful event.  I have NEVER had parties that have run so smoothly.  All of our party volunteers have done a marvelous job this year.  I appreciate all you’ve done to make it fun for the kids.

 

-Social Studies test Wednesday.

 

-No new LA theme (no yellow sheet) this week.  We’ll do some review and start a fresh lesson again next week.

 

-Three weeks until the end of the quarter, and the end of AR goals.  Some of the kids have already reached their goals, but many others are still working.  I’m proud to announce that once again, all of our class is maintaining their comprehension goal, which I believe is the most important.  It is time to start reading and testing to earn enough points, though, to achieve “3 goal prizes” by the end of the quarter.  Some students still have 20-30 points yet to achieve.  We can still do it, but now is the time to act.  Please make an effort to have your child read and record in the evening so they have some tests to take the following day.  Please make reading club attendance a priority the next few weeks.  The kids are EXTREMELY motivated to have all 23 of us make our 3 goals again this quarter.  Let’s do it.  (Read!)

 

-I will be out tomorrow afternoon for a district meeting.  Mrs. College will be in for me.

 

-PT Conferences begin Wednesday evening.  There is no school Thursday and Friday due to conferences.  I look forward to meeting with you all.

 

Have a great week!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment