Parents,
Merry Christmas to all of you. I pray you find this holiday season to be
delightful. I know the kids are thankful
for the break away from it all. Enjoy
your time as a family.
I don’t have much, but I wanted to touch base before break
began:
·
Congratulations to Addison, our second quarter “AR
Top Dog”! She achieved all three of her
quarterly AR goals, and was the student in our class with the highest
comprehension average.
·
Then, huge congratulations to the class as a
whole! As far as we’ve been told, we are
the ONLY class in PC history to achieve 100% of our class (22 students! Wow!) to make all three of their quarter
goals two quarters in a row. Goals
include averaging above 80% comprehension, achieving the student selected
points goal, and maintaining a book level above the teacher directed reading
range. We are secretly (actually not so
secretly- we tell her as often as we can) that we’re working for all four
quarters to see if we can get Mrs. Klaus’ head to explode. Continue to check online to see your child’s
progress toward his/her goals each quarter.
THANK YOU for your help from home.
Helping by reading at night, talking about books (reading is thinking
soapbox), recording titles in the booklogs, and getting the kids here for
reading club is a big help for the kids.
We are proud to have done this, but realize we couldn’t have done it
without you. Thanks!
·
Mrs.
Klaus will set new third quarter AR goals after break. Look for those sheets to come home for
signatures. Please have a conversation
with your child over break about a challenging new point level. We talked here at school about finding a
challenging number of points to work toward that’s still obtainable. Help them to get an idea of what they’d like
to mark when they return after break.
·
Back to congratulations- Hip Hip Hooray to Thea
and Katelyn, our December top readers!
Thea read and recorded over 5,000 (yes, you read that correctly!) pages
this past month. She’s a tough contender
to beat. Keep reading, friends!
·
More thanks- our class parties have been
fabulous. Special thanks to all the
volunteers and especially the coordinators for all you do to plan for
success.
·
To help keep track of materials over break, I
will be keeping badger folders, booklogs, planners, and fluency folders here at
school. Feel free to continue practice
on the class blog or on IXL (most of the kids have their log-ins memorized). Don’t panic when they don’t come home
today.
·
Lastly, a humble and sincere thank you to all of
my fabulous families. My cup runneth
over from the offered good tidings and special gifts this holiday season. I could never begin to express here in writing
what it means to me. I appreciate all
the support you offer on a regular basis.
You have made such a difference in assuring our class team is always at
its best. I appreciate you, and am
grateful to you daily. Thank you.
Blessings to you all.
Merry Christmas! Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment